Recreation for Children and Youth
Red Cross – Babysitter Course
Offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11 – 15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills
to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behanviours
- First aid Skills
- The business of Babysitting
St. Clair Township Department of Community Services is offering a summer day camp for children ages 5 - 12. The Mooretown Sports Complex and staff are host to this exciting program with its 25 metre pool, 2 ice surfaces, fitness centre, surrounded by a playground, Moore Museum, Parkway Golf Course, Campground and the beautiful St. Clair Parkway!
Welcome to our Senior Summer Camp which will be filled with different sports and activities throughout the day! Your child will have a fun, safe experience learning new skills and working every day as a team! Our camps focus on the physical literacy skills that every child needs and we gear the activities and skills to the age group of the children!
Register TODAY for the Babysitting Course!
Saturday, May 14th 2022 from 1:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Participants must be 11years old at time of program.
To register you can call 519-867-2651 or CLICK HERE to register ONLINE.